KNBRF –KN Bio Research Foundation
Founded in 2004
The objective behind starting KNBRF was to increase the awareness of sustainable agriculture among small farmers This involved conducting several training programs to educate farmers about IPM, bio-fertilizers, soil testing etc.
TDF MAA thota
undertook a TDF (MAA THOTA) project by NABARD in Dhammapet mandal of Khammam district. New mango and cashew orchards are developed through this project for the tribal farmers. Regular medical and vocational camps are held to improve the locals’ quality of life.
“Revive the nature” program in collaboration with Blue Cross Foundation to donate bio-fertilizers to 200 youth
Several model organic farms have been developed in different districts by giving valuable guidance to the farmers and supporting them in all situations from the time of land preparation until harvest of the crop.
Several widow women were trained on implementation of organic farming and were guided to set up vermicompost units. Some of them have now become a consultant for organic farming and certification.
In Andhra Pradesh undertook an adoption and certification project in 1500Ha through SHM. We worked on Cashew, Mango and vegetables. Haryana SHM has allotted 500Ha to us for organic farming in vegetables. Through ITDA, we have successfully completed adoption and certification of organic farms in 896Ha.
OUR CONTRIBUTION TO PROMOTE ORGANIC FARMING
- We have conducted several training programmes to farmers to bring about awareness on
- Organic farming on citrus was promoted in Nalgonda and Mehboobnagar districts. We have been
successful in getting high quality yields of citrus with low cost investment by implementing
IPM and INM methods here.
- We have developed package of practices for ginger in Medak district and for turmeric, chillies,
and tobacco in Guntur. Excellent results were achieved.
- We also participate as resource persons in State Horticulture training programmes.
- In Ranga Reddy district we have helped the grape farmers to cultivate export quality grapes with
the help of our bioproducts.
- We train the farmers to prepare their own panchagavyam and plant extract liquid at their own
premises with little investment.
- We have undertaken Organic farming projects & implemented under SHM & ITDA around 2000ha
in various districts like RangaReddy, West Godavari, Khammam in AP.
500ha in Haryana State Horticulture Mission, 500 ha in Chattisgarh State Horticulture dept.